Thursday, February 4, 2010

He always know when to answer...

I have now been in the "boonies" for a week and a half straight.  I think this is a record for the longest amount of time I've been here in one stint.  In trying to really seek the Lord in His direction I have really had a positive attitude about my time here, and really just relishing in the fact that the Lord has put me here to continue teaching and growing me.  Then yesterday happened. :-).  Waking up very excited it is Wednesday and that in 2 days I get to go home and see my family I charge on with my day.

Now I'm not sure if you all are aware but it's iced/snowed a little over the weekend, and yesterday afternoon we realized our roof was saggin' a little.  At the same time, I begin hearing news that it is once again going to snow/ice (which ever way you want to put them in order) again this weekend.  I automatically thought- if I have to stay here over the weekend again... grrrr....  I was not a happy girl- at all. 

I was excited however because we got off work early and therefore I got to go run early.  On a funny sidenote, I have made it a competition to try to beat a lady to the treadmill daily (there is only one at the place I workout).  So if I make it there first I don't have to stay as late.  So yesterday I was done with my 6 miles before she even showed up.  So that was a blessing- but that didn't mean I had a good attitude at the beginning.  My attitude at the beginning of the run was horrible.  I began expressing my thoughts with the Lord.  (aren't you so glad you can present anything to the Lord?)  The Lord and I wrestled with my thoughts of frustration, the chance of snow, and why I couldn't just be content with being here. 

Lately the Lord has showed me so interesting things about life.  One of those things being that He's always provided me a "getaway" from the world.  When I was young it was the tumbling gym, in jr. high and high school it was the tumbling gym and going to Edmond for cheerleading, then in college it was my summers spent at Kanakuk.  I have been thinking about these places, and what made them be such an oasis for me- so I can figure out how to make those oasis' a way of life for me everyday.  Yesterday the picture was taken a little further. 

Aggravated that I had been so positive all week, and now was struck with a bad attitude I was thinking about "oasis" of the tumbling and realized that everyday I went into the gym didn't produce a good tumbling day.  Sometimes it just didn't happen.  Frustrated yes- but that didn't keep me from tumbling I continued to tumble even when practice wasn't going the way I wanted to.  Interesting now that when I think about the time at the gym I don't think about the number of "bad" tumbling days were in the midst of all the good ones.  I wonder if my time here in the "boonies" could be the same?

I then thought about how I started tumbling at a very young age.  I was easily doing backhandsprings by age 5.  There was a rule at my house, that you had to continue tumbling (competitively or in a class) until we were old enough to cheer, or some other sport.  My mom knew that if you learned to tumble young you had to continue tumlbing through your growth.  If you don't tumble through your growth- then you decide you are ready to tumble again things are hard, really really hard.  After growing you're having to get used to a whole new body, taller, longer, etc.  Here's what's cool though is as I thought about that I realized that even tumbling through growth is awkward, and hard.  Its just easier to keep tumbling through the growth rather than to stop and try to pick it up on the other side. 

Just like I am learning in life.  Growth, being stretched, is not comfortable, it's awkward- it'd hard.  But I would rather treck on and continue growing and learning on the truth I know.  I know that at the end I will be strengthened, and that this time is set up for me to grow and to prepare for what is to come next. 

What a resolved peace I had after leaving the treadmill yesterday.  What was frustration was brought in front of the Lord, we wrestled, I spoke honestly about my feelings.  And He answered every so sweetly helping me understand what He is doing in my life right now.  What do you need to bring before the Lord?  Are you prepared to fight through those "no good tumbling" days that make you want to quit?  Take time to give it to the Lord, He will not miss an opportunity to speak to you when you are ready to listen.  Be blessed. 

1 Peter 5:7 " Cast your cares on the Lord for He cares for you." 

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Psalm 145:8 "The LORD is merciful and compassionate, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love."

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment