Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Change.

A scary, daunting task,
One that never seems to end.

Am I making the progress I need to make?

Or is my goal just seemingly too grand.

Day by day the steps are made,

Hoping for success.

The process still seems so slow,

Maybe I should re-evaluate?

Looking back on the course of the time,

Though it seems so long,

I turn to Jesus, & gain courage to say

"Lord give me strength to finish this walk,

Even when it feels like it's a crawl."

It’s amazing how quick He can change our view,

Because suddenly I see-

This slow process that I’ve seen

Is creating depth deep within me.

In Psalm 1 it says "Blessed is the man or woman,

Whose delight is in the law of the LORD,

They are like a tree planted by streams of water,

Producing fruit when the seasons call."

Lord, so in this time of change for me,

Planting my roots in further deep.

Let my focus be only on you,

letting your Words be what lead me.

You are the life, the living stream

this Psalm is talking about.

You offer water to those who thirst &

Promise when we seek you there will be no drought.

I need your living water, Lord

To fill me daily, you see.

Your living water filling me up,

Is what's producing the change in me...





Psalm 1:1-3 "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. "

1 comment:

  1. You've obviously got Mom's talent for poetry. Loved it.

    Love you.

    Bridge

    ReplyDelete