So this morning as I was driving to work, I thought a lot about a movie I had seen last week. A week ago I went to go see Alice in Wonderland with a friend.. I didn't realize until I started watching the movie though, that I had actually not ever seen the original (oops, don't tell Homeboy). It was a cute little movie, that I didn't go see for a deep meaning, yet simply enjoyment. Like I said though, today I couldn't help but think of the movie and how I can relate to where Alice is in life. She continually has the same dream, yet cannot overcome it because she gets frighened in the middle, or doesn't think she can handle the situation at hand. The Mad Hatter tells her at one point, "You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness." Such funny wording, yet I got exactly what he meant.
Due to somethings that have happened in my past I too had lost my "muchness" (sounds funny doesn't it? I can't believe I'm really using Alice in Wonderland to explain this). The missing muchness is an area of my life that has needed a major overhaul for sometime. Because: muchness is like the ump to get things going, the bait that catches the fish, the wings that fly the bird (?) haha. See the happenings of my past allowed me to come up short in a lot of different situations, frustrating situations, which after experiencing a couple times you just want to go through the motions of doing things so you don't have to deal with the hurt and frustrations anymore. And because of this attitude you quit looking to see what the Lord is doing in the midst of these situations which could help grow you into the person He has you to become. (Romans 8:28).
Through the process of the movie Alice in Wonderland, she is faced with many situations inwhich she has to overcome fears, doubts, etc. I found it interesting that usually she'd be timid approaching these situations, yet after remember something that her father had told her as a child- she would charge on and conquer. I spent a year at the Institute being taugth the Word daily which added depth to the foundation on which I stand. It also provided me Words from my Heavenly Father to face situations in the past in which I have usually ran from. Verses that tell me who He is, and who I am in Him. It's not easy to face stones left unturned, yet amazing to me that just like in Alice's case, the more that I listen to Him and His Word's and let them infiltrate my life- the stronger the force behind the way inwhich I live. I guess what I'm telling you is that the "muchness" is returning. :) As Alice would say, "How's this for muchness?" I'm living in the boonies (by myself), and the Lord is blessing my socks off daily, He is moving in me teaching me, growing me... restoring me in ways I never knew imaginable. The Lord knew I needed to be placed here, so that I could only focus on Him and allow Him to teach me knew things.
I will finish with this thought: Alice at the end has to overcome a jabawake (sorry if I spelled that wrong), and she has to use a special sword. She was basically told she just had to show up and the sword would know what to do. What a great reminder to us the Lord will fight the battle for us, we just have to pick up the sword. We basically just have to be willing to let Him lead, be willing to take action in what He is doing, and let Him do it. HE''S ALREADY WON THE BATTLE! This could apply to a lot of different areas in my life right now, and daily the Lord and I are conquering these things. It feels good to desire to do things, to see the Lords purpose throughout, and to want to be a part of it. Yet in the midst of those desires, I still get destracted. Don't we all? Since January I've been asking the Lord to show me what needs to be a part of my life and He has consistantly shown me- yet I haven't always followed through with everything. Something I have wanted to take time to do for awhile now is to work on a chidren's devotional book that I started this summer while working at Kanakuk.. Therefore with great MUCHNESS for the next 52 days (random number I know- its just the one I feel like fits the best for the plan) I will work on this devotional book and see what the Lord plans to do through it.
Do you desire more muchness in your life? Its been a long process but the Lord most certainly provides when we ask. The Lord wants to fill you up, heal your wounds, and minister to you in a new way. He wants to be behind (well and in front of) your every move. Will you let Him be? Serve Him with a new found MUCHNESS today! Be blessed!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment