The Lord lately has been speaking to me through little phrases. This Spring I was constently thinking of the silly phrase "If life brings your lemons, make lemonaid!" I was constantly praying asking the Lord if it was worth it to make lemonaid, and if it was how I went about making lemonaid. Remembering scriptures such as Neh 8:10 "The Joy of the Lord is my strength" and John 10:10, ".. I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." I would struggle with the fact that I did have Jesus and I should have His joy, a full life in Him and geese I was trying hard a making things work (to make lemonaid of the situation I was in but it never came). As I sought the Lord He showed me a different "recipe" if you will; I thought for the longest time to make lemonaid I needed to stay where I was at and make things better. But after seeking the Lord I I realized I didn't have to stay where I was, I had the freedom to follow my desires (the desires He'd given me) and to move in a different direction. It wasn't an easy process to step in faith, even though it was something I so badly desired to do. It did however end in one heaping glass of very, very sweet lemonaid. :-)
Another phrase I had going on in my mind this Spring was "when the going gets tough, the tough getting going!" I thought about this often followed by my thoughts of thinking, "I've always thought I was tough, but man when the the going gets tough- I don't get tough, I get tired, I get weary. I would think on Isaiah 40:28-31"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become weary or tired His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary." I needed help, I had worked so hard at "making lemonaid" I was exhausted, I couldn't make it work any longer. I needed Jesus, I needed His strength and He delivered. I really thought that once He showed me the the direction I was supposed to go that life would get a lot easier, a little less heavy. Little did I know making a tough decision is hard, and though I knew I was doing the right thing of moving- it was hard to take the steps to make that happen. I was completely exhausted, mentally, spritually, emotionally, I HAD to lean on the Lord and remember what He'd shown me above through the process of seeking Him. He would be my strength, He was my strength. It wasn't me who got tough to get going, the Lord through me was tough and got me going. He filled the gap, just like He's done many times before.
Lately the phrase that has been going through my head is, "now is the time." Transition in life is always interesting, things/ schedules get a little off course, and it takes awhile for things to get settled back into a sense of normalness. I feel like the Lord's chanting in my ear "now is the time" coinsides with my life becoming more normal. (if normal is even possible.) See, my time in the boonies was great because it allowed me to get good picture of what a semi-balanced life looks like (minus a few things). The Lord showed me some essentials that need to be in my life daily for me to experience life to the full thru Him. Life is slowing down, things are settling and He is saying "now is the time" to get back to the basis of those things. Orgainization of life, exercise, time in the Word, fellowship with people, etc. As I walk through this I just wanted to throw the thought out to you, what is "now" the time for you? What is the Lord asking you to partake in, change, or where would He like you to go?
I know, if you are anything like me you are already thinking... Lord, what if I fail? What if I can't make it happen just like I feel it should? What if I can't make the time? As I question I hear Him say, ""My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." I have to continualy realized that it's NOT ABOUT ME, it's not about what I can do but IT IS all about Him and what He wants to do. Just like when the going was tough and He made me strong He will once again fill the gap so that He can be glorified. Take a step of faith today not only remembering that the Lord is sufficient for us, making us perfect in our weakness but also that we are promised that this "now is the time" moment is part of Him molding and making us to be more like Him, and ultimately letting Him be glorified. In Philippians we are told, "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Daily the Lord is working in us and through us to make us more like Him. Take a step today in the direction He is taking you.. Now is the time. Be blessed!
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Lord has spoken to me in little phrases before too. When I stop and really let it soak in that the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE is speaking to me it just really blows my mind. It actually brings tears to my eyes.
ReplyDeleteWhat a TRULY AMAZING God we have.
Jesus. The sweetest name I know.
I love you, sister!
Bridge