Friday, September 25, 2009

Is it a 12 ouncer or a 16 ounce day?



I have some dear friends from Kanakuk who've worked with me for the past couple of summers. One of them is the Head Cook, while the other is the Bean Queen. I know you all know what the Head Cook does but what on Earth is the Bean Queen, right? The Kamp I worked at was a family kamp, therefore we had a coffee shop...the Bean Queen is in charge of the coffee shope- she makes wonderful coffee drinks that make your day magnificent.




The Bean Queen, myself, and a wonderful woman named Donna would meet in the morning in the Bean at 7:15 Donna would have her goldfish, I would drink diet coke (and the occasional latte) and the Bean Queen would have some tasty treat as well. We'd sit at the table and solve all the worlds problems...Our friend the Head Cook, could never join us (she of course was already preparing meals) but occasionally she'd drop over and announce, "Bean Queen.. its a 12 ounce ounce day" or even on some days she'd say, "Okay... its a 16 ouncer today." You knew by the ounce-age of the cup what the stress level in the kitchen was.



Today as I walked out of my house heading to the car I was refreshed. It's a beautiful day, sunny, slightly chilly- very refreshing. It's mornings like this that I am reminded that the Lord's mercies are new to us EVERYDAY.



Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23



Did you wake up today thinking it was going to take a 16 ouncer to get you going? Do you feel like you messed up so bad yesterday- you couldn't make things right today? I don't know about you, but this verse is something that gives me great joy! Talk about refreshment. If those words don't help you relax & get ready for a new day I don't know what will. Take time in the Word & in prayer to let the Lord rejuvinate you! What I think you will find is that not only is He going to fill your cup, but when you fix your eyes on Him, He'll also let it overflow...



Psalm 23:5 "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows."



Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."



2 Corinthians 1:5 "For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows."



2 Corinthians 4:15 "All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God."



1 Thessalonians 3:12 "May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you."



Praying you take time with the Lord today to be rejuvinated, refreshed, ready for a new day. Let the Lord work through you to show those you come in contact with that there is POWER in His name, He brings COMFORT (that you can offer them in believing in Jesus), He gives GRACE- and we give Him THANKS for that, and He fills us with LOVE that overflows onto to those who've never experienced His LOVE before. Show people who Jesus is today... its you're choice - I think we all need to experience Jesus today- don't cut yourself short or someone short from experiencing a full cup...
Psalm 34:8 "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."  Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment