Sometimes I’d like to have a computer at the treadmill as I run. I have LOTS of thoughts that pop through my head as I spend time on there. Some deep thoughts, some funny thoughts (let’s be honest sometimes these thoughts cause me to think I might have a future in standup comedy). But mostly I believe the Lord uses this time mostly in my life to remind me of great promises He had made for me. These reminders are great things to keep at the forefront of my mind as I experience a new adventure in life- and live on my own- and in a VERY small town. The town is cute, the people are great, I love my job, and I just don’t know very many people here yet. (This will come I know) For someone like me, who is VERY people oriented a move such as this could be a little difficult. So in the past couple weeks I have been challenged to choose to do things not because I want to… but because I need to. An example of this would be joining a gym. Or a house. Or maybe I don’t know what to call it! It’s a house with workout equipment in it. I know part of me being content is that I need to work out regularly..Basically I mean I need a treadmill because I don’t ever lift weights (that’s for boys, right?!? j/k!) I’m not a professional- just need a little time on the treadmill, or more like good quality talking time with the Lord.. But when life is kinda blah- the treadmill is not where I go. I usually get stuck and don’t really want to move- don’t really want to do anything actually. Which is sad because while I’ve been out in the boonies :) the Lord has shown me some new passions in my life which I never knew I had. New ways to love on people, new ways to use His gifts… but I was choosing not to do anything at all. So I joined the house gym. I’m going to be honest and tell you that I joined and began going to the gym not because I wanted to- but because I knew I needed to. I knew the benefits of what working out would do for me- well and honestly my time with the Lord. So I have faithfully been choosing to go to the house gym daily. To choose to go every day isn’t easy but it’s been so fun to see how faithful the Lord is in my decision to be disciplined in this area of my life. (Which is beneficial not only physically but spiritually as well)
See I am very much a people person…I thrive off relationships, conversations, let’s be honest just being in the same room as people. I wouldn’t consider myself a needy person; I just like to know people are near. (I unlike most kids was sent to their room for punishment because I didn’t like being in there by myself- unlike my older sister who would be made to come out of her room when she was in trouble :-) )Thus far in my job I sometimes get to interact with people, which other days I’m just chilling in the office (this will all change as the schedule for 2010 starts unfolding). So I am completely being stretched in this aspect of life thus far in this new journey.. Anyways- back to the house gym. The first couple days I went no one was there… I thought to myself no wonder this place is soo expensive- I’m the only one who uses it. Same things the second day (my goal was to stay a little longer each day). The third time I went when I pulled into the drive I saw….ANOTHER CAR! Yay! The Lord is good (and to think I almost decided not to come today)… I’m blessed. So on so forth til yesterday was a blah day (due to weather circumstances) and I had decided halfway thru the day I didn’t need to workout...THEN I remembered how much it cost me to get the “house” membership… an arm and a leg basically (I’m currently waiting on these limbs to grow back) so I drudgingly went to work out yesterday… and guess what?!? There were like 6 ladies who came and worked out while I was there too! The Lord blesses our disciplined lifestyles, and seriously has been blessing my socks off! The more that I see these blessings the more I want to continue to walk in the manner that I’ve been called to walk and do the simple things He is asking of me… because it’s in these things through Him that I am completely satisfied!Let’s be honest should I be surprised that the Lord always provides exactly what we need when we need it?? NOPE. If we look at the Lord throughout the Bible in the Old Testament to the end of the New Testament we see the characteristics of the Lord NEVER change.
I’ll give this example. I have a friend coaches Jr. High and High School aged girls and has know most of these girls since Jr. High (if not before). She given them rides, found financial support for those who can’t afford to cheer, she’s been a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, a mentor. Well this past week some drama has stirred up and a BIG communication error happened in the midst of these girls that was blown WAY out of proportion. So much so that a girl had decided she couldn’t’ trust my friend anymore and that she was done with her. (mind you thing young girl was speaking to an adult and this has all been smoothed over since it all happened). However had these girls stopped to think about the person they were frustrated with (who yes is human and can make mistakes but had done nothing wrong in this case) and thought about the characteristics she’d had shown them about herself since the beginning of their relationship, they would have know this didn’t line up with who she was or what she is about.
This my friends is where I am at. I am in the middle of nowhere. I know the Lord has a purpose- and I am remembering who He is. He has not changed; therefore I can lean on His promises that He will continue to provide for me at the time He knows is best be it through something as simple as people being at the work out gym. Will you take time to see the faithfulness of His characteristics in your life today? Because since I’ve noticed His faithfulness, I’ve become more faithful in starting and using these new passions He’s put in my life … and guess what He is continually blessing my socks off! :-)
Be blessed!
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33


No comments:
Post a Comment