Thursday, November 5, 2009

Has God written your LOVE STORY?

SOMEDAY SOON


I wanna be the one who knows everything about you
I wanna be the one who’s always on your mind
I wanna be the one to get all of your affection and attention
You’re the one that I’ve been waiting for, for all this time
And I can’t imagine anything, anything better than
(Chorus)
Someday falling in love with you
Holding your hand
Making our plans all come true
Someday under a sky so blue
I’ll give you my heart
Our story will start
Someday soon
I wanna be the one who does everything with you
Watching stars, washing cars, taking walks, going to the store
I wanna be the one who gets to change her last name someday
To something that sounds something more like yours
(Chorus)
Yeah I’ll be telling you I love you
On a picture perfect day
And those words inside my head
They sound like angels singing praise
It’s what I was made to say
-Franchesca Battistelli

I don't know if ya'll know this or not, but I am a girl- haha, and I love this song! I love this song because I can't wait for the day when I do fall in love with my prince charming and get to live a life serving the Lord together with him.



(ya I don't know these people but it kinda goes with the song, relationships, and dating... plus I REALLY love the beach ) :)


If we were all able to sit down and chat for a little bit, it would be fun 1) to swap stories of those of you who have met your husbands and wives- of how you met, fell in love, how he/you proposed, etc. 2) It would also be interesting to talk to those of you who are single about the desires you have when it comes to the man or woman you want to marry. I bet during the course of the conversations there would be a couple of similarities yet I can almost guarantee no two stories would be the same. Why you might ask??



Over the course of the years of jr high, high school, and college I've read quite a few books trying to learn the right formula of what dating relationships should look like for someone who is seeking the Lord. I've read everything from I Kissed Dating Goodbye (I also read his second book of telling when he fell in love the title is just slipping my mind right now) , to both Wild at Heart & Captivating, a book called Undressed, and lastly a book called When God Writes Your Love Story. I took away a lot of really good point from all books, but did not finish one thinking YES! That is the exact way the Lord has me to date!! There is no formula to how to date- yet the Lord provides us great guidelines to help us keep our thoughts focus, etc on Him during the process... However, the book title "When God Writes Your Love Story" was on my mind today as I thought about life, and dating. (I'm going to be honest and tell you I don't remember anything about this book- except for the title!)



A quick sidenote: One thing that sticks out the most out of all these books is that I realized how perfect the Lords plan was in creating man and woman to work together. If you have not read Wild at Heart and Captivating- they give a wonderful picture of the way men and women were created, their purposes and desires, and how each was made in a way to compliment the other... A-mazing!



Genesis 2: 20-24 "...But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh. Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh."



Anyways... I've been thinking alot lately about how I ended up where I am in all areas of life. I can figure out a lot of ways the Lord has lead me in life, but I still can not figure out how I ended up in Cheyenne.. hah! In all seriousness though, I have really looked back through my life and seen the Lord provision in the "dating" aspect of life. To some, it may look as if I have no experience (and honestly on some days I feel the same way) BUT when I look through the eyes of a loving Father, I see His complete guidance every step of the way. I like many girls (and guys - I'm guessing I'm not one so I can't really say for sure) am so completely excited about meeting the person I'm to marry, getting to know them (this obvioulsy would be when I would know I was going to marry them not when I met them), and falling in love with them.



I had a fun thought today though as I realized the Lord had already started writing my love story. I all to often think I know nothing about dating relationships because I honestly haven't done much "dating." But it's fun to sit back and look at how the Lord has completely guided my steps along the way. He has protected me from a lot, and allowed me to watch and learn from people He has put in my life. The Lord started my love story the day I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior, and He began changing me from the inside out.He has given me desires and as I've trusted Him, and as He guided me thorugh jr high and high school, college and now into a "real job" I have gotten to grow deeper in love with Him. I'm excited to fall in love, yes- but I'm even more excited about the fact that the Lord has been working this plan in my life for years before it will ever come to be. AND would hate to take a "dating" relationship into my own hands and miss out on something the Lord has planned for me to do because I didn't let Him lead. (maybe one day the Lord will allow me to share with you my thoughts and desires for dating, not today though).



I know a lot of times as men and women in the world we've grow up in it is easy to buy into the lies of what the world presents dating could or should be (I may write about this sometime too- well see what the Lord leads). My challenge to you today is have you stopped lately to think about the desires the Lord has placed on your heart about the person you should date? Is the person you are dating a compliment to the person the Lord has created you to be? Do they love the Lord and are they committed to growing in Him, even if you all don't ever date. My favorite thought in High School and College was this... if I am looking for a man with such an such qualities- what am I doing to seek the Lord and prepare myself as well. All too often we are consumed with finding someone and forget that the Lord has a special plan for us (time to cultivate our relationship with Him- to see, grow, and experience Him alone). Don't get too concerned with looking for a boyfriend or girlfriend that you forget about your own relationship with the Lord. Ask the Lord to reveal to you what He wants to do in your life and what His desires for you in your relationships are... He does care, and has created you with desires to be fulfilled through relationships.



As for the married folks out there my challenge is this... Where are you in your love story? The Lord created in you the desires you have and has allowed you to meet someone to join you in the journey as your helpmate. Just because you are married doesn't mean the story stops! (I'm sure marriage, like a relationship with Jesus gets better as time goes by and the relationship deepens. Love is a choice, just like we must daily choose to take up our cross and follow Jesus- we must daily choose to love those around us). Are you continually tapping in to the source (Jesus) to allow Him to help you love your husband or wife as best as you can- In the way that they need to be loved? Ask the Lord to open your eyes and show you how to love better, and how together you can love your children and/or the people the Lord has put in your path.



The beginning of all our LOVE STORIES started when Jesus was born over 2000 years ago. HE lived a perfect life on Earth, experiencing every emotion, being tempted by every sin (yet not falling victim to it), to die a sinners death on a cross. HE took the blame for everything you and I have done, are doing now, and ever will do. HE was in the grave for 3 days, yet was not overpowered by death. HE rose again, proving HE is GOD, the ALMIGHTY, the SUPREME over all. HE is the beginning and the end... and HE wants a personal relationship with you! All you have to do is ask.



1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."



If you don't have a relationship with Jesus you can ask the Lord for forgiveness today! Tell Him you are sorry and you seek a relationship with Him. Thank Him for dying on the cross for you, and giving us the opportunity to experience a full life through Him (John 10:10 says "... I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.") Ask Him to write your love story today as you learn to walk on Earth learning and growing in Him.



Has God written your LOVE STORY?



Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment